Skype - Indispensable tool for an Entrepreneur

A dollar saved is a dollar earned. An entrepreneur has to be spendthrift where possible. I am always on lookout for low-cost or almost free, time saving, efficiency improving tools. Today I came across Skype, which is one such tool.

Skype has been around for quite sometime. I know, I am late to the game but I discovered today, how indispensable Skype is for an entrepreneur. For those of you, who are like me, late to catch on to the Skype wave, this is a tool to make free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype and believe me there are lot of people around the world who do have Skype. I tried out Skype half way accross the world and voice quality was amazingly crystal clear like a conventional phone. This services is free. There are other value-added ancillary services by Skype which are of great value to an entrepreneur. First one is SkypeOut which you can use to call any ordinary phone from Skype. Then there is SkypeIn, which is a real phone number your business contacts can call . You can pick up this call in Skype. Skype Voicemail lets you direct calls when you are offline or busy to your voicemail.

I am particularly excited by the news today where a start-up company is piggybacking on Skype to bring free international phone calls from cell phones. They plan to offer this service free initially and eventually charge $9.95 a year. I also came across a Skype related service called Skypable that informs a caller about your status. All you got to do is put a link on your website to display your status.

You can reach me via Skype using my ID: Businessorati or simply click on the "Skype Me" button on the left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Financial Plan - Assumptions - 2

The Circle of Information

Transition from Blogger to WordPress